Every year there are new features, benefits, incentives, and other reasons that families invest in a new vehicle. The following list is the top 5 family car for 2012 along with some details on why the vehicle is a good family ride.
The criteria for the top 5 doesn’t rely on just one metric like price, bodystyle, or safety, but overall value, benefits, and other notable reason that the vehicle is good for families.
Top 5 Family Cars for 2012
1. 2012 Volkswagen Passat – Motor Trend Magazine Car of the Year – All around good vehicle and well-rounded in terms of value, efficiency, and comfort, making this vehicle one of the best family sedans to own.
2. 2012 Chrysler Town and Country – Awarded “Highest Ranked Minivan” in initial quality from J.D. Power and Associates, 11th consecutive Polk Automotive Loyalty Award, and 2012 IIHS “Top Safety Pick” making this one of the best in America and is recognized with the ”Best Family Hauler” for Seventh Year in a Row from the Detroit News Readers’ Choice.
3. 2012 Ford Flex – Big, bold, and beautiful can describe this box on wheels. With 3 rows of seating, plenty of storage space, and unique styling makes this both a good family vehicle as well as nice cruiser to take out on the weekend.
4. 2012 Toyota Prius V - Getting 50 mpg is always a good thing for families. Being able to go further on less is very helpful and this version is a little bigger than previous ones and has a little more room for car seats and storage, which makes this a solid vehicle for families.
5. 2012 Kia Sorento – Starting at less than $25k and getting over 30 mpg makes this SUV a great vehicle for families. The vehicle has some nice standard features like moon-roof and voice-control entertainment.
- Best Family Cars for 2012
- New Car vs. Used Car
- Should you Get Your Teen a Car for College?
- Top New Cars for College Students (If They Can Afford a New Car)
- Cool Sports/Sporty Cars for 2012